Thursday, September 8, 2016

Hot Springs of Yellowstone

The number of thermal pools in Yellowstone is huge. I have dozens, if not hundreds of pictures of them, but I wasn't very good about documenting the names of those I photographed. I am including some that I can name.

I really wanted to get a nice photo of the Grand Prismatic Spring. The parking lot for this spring was always full, so it took us several days before we managed to get to it. Parking wasn't the only problem. It turns out the trail to the overlook was closed, so you could only see it from ground level. It was also steaming heavily when we were there, so below is the best picture I could get.

Grand Prismatic Spring

If you look closely, you do see people at the observation point on the hillside above Grand Prismatic Spring. They were there illegally according to the ranger.


Avoca Spring



Firehole Spring


Abyss Pool with Yellowstone Lake in the background



No comments:

Post a Comment